Friday, May 2, 2014

Working Hard...with the Devil at My Heels

This week has been an interesting one to say the least for me.  Filled with challenges to my spirit, my body, and my emotions.  I still am so very thankful and blessed to be here, and I cannot help but wonder if it is when things seem to start to go well that the devil feels like he must jump in and shake things up.

I've been struggling with a flooded basement, and after having been sick for 3+ weeks, finally started to feel better, and now am struggling with energy but no appetite.

It is one of those days that I wish I had a close friend nearby to talk to, and to help me find something that sounds good to eat that wouldn't make me instantly nauseous.

But in the midst of my whining?  I am thankful.  Thankful for a sunny day and a beautiful walk with my dog.  Thankful to be called to this small town where I am pastor to the community, and feel like I am finally one of them.  Thankful that at least at this point, drama at my call has been at a minimum, and God is still at work through me here.

I pray that I can shake this feeling of the devil at my heels.  Pray that instead of looking back, knowing he will catch me, I can start looking forward, knowing I've already been caught and am being held tight.

I hope wherever this finds you, dear partner on this journey, that you can feel peace and hope, and filled with the light of Christ.

Your friend,
Preaching Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment