Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fish Out of Water

Today dear reader, I feel like I am a fish out of water...or maybe just one that has found itself in the wrong pond.

I am completely buried in what it means to be a program church...hundreds of registration forms and e-mails and questions, and last minute changes, and on and on.

And today? Today I miss my first call where I could just go and be pastor to the people. Where a typical day was when that I spent with people, walking through life with them for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Maybe it is because I have spent all day in the office and have no end of work to do in site...or maybe it is because I have been here six months and still feel like I don't really know anyone well. Or maybe because I miss the chance to breathe and see God at work in the world...or maybe it is all of these.

But today, I am longing for my smaller pond...where there were fish I could swim with, a pace I could do, and a place where I felt like I was doing well.

How about it dear reader? What do you do when you feel like a fish out of water? How do you transition from the pond to the ocean?

Let me know!

Peace on the journey,
Preaching Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment