Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Still stretching...

A few months in, I still am stretching, reaching, trying to figure out why God called me here, and what He wants me to do in this place. As my call gets reconfigured once again, and more staff transitions, all I seek to do is follow His lead, and do His will.

But today? Today I am tired...and weary, and wishing that I could have a chance to get away from it all, be around friends who support and love me, and have my own cup renewed so that I could come back, ready to serve, and ready for fall.

So dear reader...how do you get away when things are taking off? How, when you are short staffed does everything get done that needs to while you walk away?

I know Jesus models for us the importance of getting away, but sometimes I wonder how He did it while everyone was clamoring for his attention.

Any ideas, dear reader? This preacher is up for some new advice!

Traveling Mercies,
Preaching Kate

1 comment:

  1. The easy answer to your question is to empower the laity to pick up some of the slack. I know that is easier said than done but as the pastor you cannot do it all...even though the people expect you to do so. What things do you do that others could just as easily do...if properly mentored and encouraged?

    How did Jesus do it? He trained his disciples to carry on. He mentored them and encouraged them. It's hard work but necessary work.

    Keep Exodus 18 in mind.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete