Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Needing Air

This week I have been learning that as an internal processor, I just need time to breathe that it appears that external processors don't need. I find it almost impossible to go from one conversation to the next without at least a minute or two of downtime in between.

This morning started with four people in my office within the first 10 minutes! I need to figure out a way to let people know that absolutely, you can have my full attention, but let me find my feet first! Let me have those couple of minutes in between things so that I can be more fully present, and ready to hear you for what you are truly saying.

So I am asking dear bloggers, do you need that space? Do you get that space? Any suggestions for a newbie preacher?

For that is who I am, new to staff, new to the state, and new to this adventure.

Your partner in the ministry,
Preaching Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment