Thursday, March 17, 2011

Broken Trust, Leaning Hard

Today I start this blog somewhere between a heavy heart and huge excitement. I am new to the call where I am, but have already had broken trust with the senior pastor.

It is a difficult place to be, and a hard place to start. But I am doing my best to lean on the Lord and trust in His guiding.

Where God is, may my heart be also.

How do you deal with broken trust? Especially when you barely know the person who broke it? Such an interesting way to start. Any advice out there blogosphere?

Preaching Kate

2 comments:

  1. My method of broken trust is to run away from it. I wish I had answers for that kind of thing. I think the best way to address it is to just sit and have a conversation about what happened face to face. If you don't deal with it now, it has the potential to become a huge problem later. Sad when these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Susan. This is tough and definitely not how you want to start a new call, but if it is not dealt with head on it could grow into a bigger problem later. My question is does the senior pastor realize what they did violated your trust or are they oblivious to what has happened. If they don't realize then they might appreciate a conversation. If they know darn well what they have done then hitting it head on might show them that they can't take advantage of you.

    I am not sure if this helps but it is hard to say much more without knowing more details. God bless you as you deal with a tough situation.

    ReplyDelete