Thursday, August 15, 2013

Momma said there'd be days like this...

I have found it interesting as of late that when I am struggling that life finds ways of bringing me even lower.  I thought I was doing an okay job in this call...and today the council president came in and said that folks are upset because I was gone too many worship services in a row.

Now truth be told, dear blog reader, I was in the building for the first worship service, but had no part in the service as they had hired a band to do the service.  I saw no point in having to be present...apparently this upset folks...I was packing and printing forms for the trip we were able to leave on...and thought my time could be better spent.  I ended up being actually present for about 75% of the service...or concert, but apparently that wasn't enough..

Then I missed two Sundays in a row.  The first I had 19 kids and 4 adults down on a combination mission and fun weekend in the Twin Cities.  I was certainly working as I was the one leading the trip, and had planned all our activities.  The following weekend I WAS on vacation.

But I guess folks are upset with my being gone...which makes me wonder what on earth else I can do.  I finally start to set some healthy boundaries and do some real self-care and it feels like that makes them mad.

What's a pastor to do, dear blog reader?  The council president asked me to not be gone more than 1 Sunday in a row, working or not.  Which means, if I am to lead our kids on a possible mission trip that we had planned for next summer, I am gone for 13 days, and need to preach the morning after we return.  I just don't think that is good for anyone.  But then, maybe what I think doesn't matter.

Maybe it is better to lead when you are exhausted than to be gone and renew yourself.  I tend to not agree...but it surely seems it is what they want.  Got any advice dear reader?  This pastor is kind of feeling a bit lost.  Thanks for reading....

Your partner in Christ,
Preaching Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment