Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Parched Places

Weeks like this one in ministry, never fail to amaze me.  I spent most of today re-reading my ordination and installation vows, and praying for the strength to keep going.  It has been a tough week of challenges to my spirit and my physical health.

But as I was trying my best to get a sermon put together for the weekend, I read the first lesson assigned to Sunday and smiled. 


“If you remove the yoke from among you, the pointing of the finger, the speaking of evil, if you offer your food to the hungry and satisfy the needs of the afflicted, then your light shall rise in the darkness and your gloom be like the noonday.  The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters never fail.  Your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; you shall called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to live in.”  -Isaiah 58:9b-12
 
These are the weeks dear blog reader that though we feel in parched places that we need to know the Lord will guide us and satisfy our needs...These are the weeks that although we feel bone tired, we need to remember that the Lord will repair and restore us.
 
So, even though I have a meeting that I am thoroughly stressed about happening in 45 minutes?  I am going to lean on the Lord, and do my best to follow his leading.  I am going to do my best to trust in his guiding...and I am going to know "down to my toenails" (as a certain Hebrew prof would say) that I am in God's arms, and nothing can separate me from his love.
 
Peace to you dear reader, may you feel the arms of God today-
Preaching Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment